It's time for a radical rethink about the Arabian-style palace and gardens. As I see it, there are three fundamental problems with this area:
- It's incompatible with the Cape Cod theme!
- It's positioned right over the pond in the middle of the sim, so the same music plays at the duck pond on the ground as well as up in the palace. The ullulating exotic stylings of Iranian Radio don't sit well with quacking ducks, Adirondack chairs and lemonade.
- It's not exotic ENOUGH. I toned down the Arabian-ness of the gardens in order to try to segue between the pond, the gardens and the palace, but as a result, the gardens ended up looking like an homage to Barbara Cartland. The Japanese style bathhouse island was easier to match to the Cape Cod theme, perhaps because both are simple, low-rise, wood- and stone-based architectures originating in warm temperate climates.
Having had a think about this, I am going to make the following proposals to my fellow prawns:
- I think we still have three island spaces left (I hope...), and I could move the garden to ground level on one of these islands, make the garden smaller and more authentic, and spice it up a lot, and then float the palace about 500 metres above it, with a teleport to the palace from a hidden place on the ground.
- I could try making an underground secret cave somewhere else on the island and move all the naughty stuff down into it, and store the palace again.
- I could just scrap it and bung it all into an inventory store box!