Wooden Sidings: why it doesn't pay to buck the trend

Posted by Mak on 15:01

Ever wondered all houses built with wooden sidings have the planks laid horizontally? Never mind the RL fact that horizontal slats keep the rain out (thanks, Gabe!), in SL it's because it's much easier to line up textures with horizontal lines than textures with vertical lines. I'm currently remaking all of Gabe's walls, having been driven to distraction by the problem of aligning vertical stripes. Why oh why oh why didn't I just use horizontal lines from the start? Moron!

In other news, I bought a copy of Prim Docker for aligning my prims. I haven't had time to RTFM yet - I think I need to do that before I do anything else.

I will be selling copies of this house when it's done, on RJ's advice. Of course, this means having to master one of those rezzing gadgets...

I will say one thing though - his bathroom looks f-ing excellent. Just like a RL seaside home bathroom (except for the SexGen shower, ahem...)!

2 comments:

Comment by Anonymous on 21 May 2007 at 07:46

i miss ur posts Mak!! update pls!! :P

 
Comment by Mak on 21 May 2007 at 10:53

Sorry babe!