Antisocial Behaviour Redux

Posted by Mak on 10:21

Well, I posted Dazzle's comment, as you will see if you scroll down. A few corrections:

a) When I posted my original rant, I'd heard more than one side of the story: I'd had a conversation with Masa about the whole affair, I'd seen copy and pasted chunks of his and Dazzle's argument, and I'd had an hour-long argument with Dazzle. I'd based my opinion of Dazzle's behaviour on all three/four.
b) Market price: well, we can agree to disagree here. I paid 14,000L$ for my own plot in Sept 2006. Three plots surrounding Masa and Dazzle's land are currently on the market for 25,000L$. And the plot Masa wanted to buy cost 16,000 L$, which is why he was selling at that price. I do think it's strange that a buyer should expect a seller to drop his price to whatever suits the buyer.
c) The noob is the guy on the other side of Masa's land! Read it again! And I most certainly am not making fun of noobs - I am very noob friendly.
d) The word uppity was my own; if it had been a direct quote, I would have used quotation marks as I did when I quoted Dazzle as saying Masa's use of his own land was "boring". BTW, he didn't mention his good gay friend in our original 1 hour chat, when I accused him of homophobia, which would have been an excellent place to drop it into the conversation we were having about how gays were "taking over" Seattle. Lastly, I find it hard to believe Dazzle would need Masa's full name from me (I don't remember him asking for it) given that he had spent the previous week IM-ing him constantly, and had also met him face to face several times.

Other comments:
Yes, only 2 communications, but totalling about one and a half hours. The "security fences": I didn't feel threatened by them - I said they had cut off access to anyone who didn't teleport in, they had spoiled Masa's view and they'd made his land less attractive to potential buyers. I would love to say my penis statues had the ability to hurt people, but alas, they are just inert statues. And Godzilla never made an appearance in the end as I had run out of prims!

Since then, Dazzle has written an apology to Masahiro, which I hereby reproduce in full. Of course, I'm certain that this apology owes more to the fact that he wants me to drop the land to its original price of 16,000L$ again than to any genuine regret about his bullying tactics and un-SL-like attitudes, but I will take him at face value, because believe it or not, I am a nice guy. If he buys, that's up to him. If he doesn't, I have a tenant who only ever uses teleport to access his skypod ready to move onto the land.

"masa,
I have heard my converstation with you did not make you feel good.
I would like to apologize for my comments, that you found offensive.
i have posted a blog with maka and if you need more clarifcation feel free to im me.
I did/do not mean any bad will or any such thing to yourself.
daz"

One more thing: I will not allow any more comments from Dazzle on my blog (it is my blog, after all!). I think I've wasted enough space on this subject now. There are far more interesting things to think about, like Gabe's almost completed house!

1 comments:

Comment by Anonymous on 21 May 2007 at 16:52

i tot he should get his own blog if he has to write that much of a comment!! *laughs*